All project cost estimates can be created in Costlocker and then exported into Excel to be sent to the client.
Advantages of exporting
- You’ll save lots of time by exporting from Costlocker, as opposed to creating calculations in Excel and entering them into Costlocker once they’re approved.
- Costlocker doesn’t make mistakes. When working in Excel, there’s always a chance that human error may lead to wrong calculations – and invoices.
What the exported budget looks like in Excel
Exported budget limitations
- It’s currently not possible to download a file with other than English descriptions
- Only paying customers will have their billing info transferred into Excel
- The only current way to include your logo in the Excel header is to insert it manually
- It’s currently not possible to select a different template – there’s only one
How to export a project budget into Excel
Go to the project page and click the Cost estimate tab.
Then, click Export to Excel on the bottom of the screen – an .xls file will be downloaded.