How to enter a project discount
Enter the project page and click the Cost Estimate tab.
Click the Edit Discount button on the bottom of the budget section.
The button will take you to the discount editing screen, where you can simply enter the discount you have agreed with the client.
How it shows up in the project’s financial status
The Client rates on this project will simply be reduced according to the discount. You won’t see this, as the rates you entered will stay the same, as they were used to calculate the total project cost.
However, the discount will be reflected in other metrics you can see in the project Overview.
- The overall project budget (Revenue) will be reduced
- Both Estimated and Actual profit will be reduced
- The Remaining budget will be reduced
- The Profit margin will remain intact
- Both Estimated and Actual costs will remain intact